The fine edge santoku – Japanese for “three virtues” – excels at three cutting techniques. Expertly mince garlic, slice cucumber, and dice onions with this Asian all-rounder. The MIYABI Black 5000MCD series is a true work of art. This series boasts blades of ultra-premium steel for unsurpassed sharpness. Exquisite Japanese craftsmanship merges with expert German engineering for the ultimate kitchen knives. The blades are constructed of micro-carbide powdered MC66 steel, which is ice-hardened to an impressive 66 on the Rockwell hardness scale. This results in an exceptionally sharp and long-lasting edge that is highly corrosion resistant. The authentic, thin, Japanese profile blades are wrapped in 132 additional layers of steel, resulting in a gorgeous flower Damascus pattern. Sharpening is done using the traditional, three-step Honbazuke method.
The handle of the Miyabi Black series is made from the prized Bigleaf maple and dyed a black ash color. The grain and color of the black ash contrasts beautifully with the Damascus pattern of the blade. The handle is crafted in a traditional “D” shape, with a rounded spine and heel, providing optimal ergonomics for fatigue-free cutting. Handcrafted in Seki, Japan. Product number 34404-183
- Authentic, thin, Japanese blade comprised of ultra-premium MC66 micro-carbide steel
- Blade consists of 133 layers of steel, resulting in a gorgeous floral Damascus pattern
- CRYODUR blade, ice-hardened to Rockwell 66
- Sharpened using a traditional, three-step Honbazuke method
- Ergonomic D-shaped handle made from stunning Blackleaf maple
- Steel endcap with embossed logo and handle mosaic pin
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan
- Handwash only
There are no reviews yet.